Direct billing procedure
These are services might not be covered by most health insurance plans like:
- Pre-existing and chronic conditions – i.e., any medical conditions which exist before the date of entry, including related, secondary or associated medical conditions.
- Common examples include Hypertension, Diabetes, Hypercholesterolemia and other lipid disorders (except for benefits signed with insurance company)
- Dental treatments that are not covered by dental policy
- Dietary supplements, vitamins and minerals, dietician charges, herbal ointments.
- Vaccinations, wellness check-up, travel advisory.
- Any treatment received after the insurance expiry date as indicated on the card.
- Fertility treatments – i.e., infertility and birth control diseases, hereditary medical conditions.
- Sexually transmitted diseases testing and treatment.
- Aesthetics treatment -i.e., Acne, Alopecia.
- Psychiatric consultation and treatment.
- Self-inflicted injuries – i.e., Alcohol or substance abuse.
- Sleep apnea or other sleep disorders.
- Treatment for refractive errors and vision defects.
- Off-label prescriptions – i.e., prescription drugs for specific disorders such as autoimmune diseases.
- Additional tests that is not relevant to doctor diagnosis.